27 February 2014

Relationship between a teacher and a student

A teacher spend a night with one of her students in his bed.


Bernadette Smith,35 years old, spent a night in a student's bed, Gary Ralston 17 years old, wearing only her jeans and her bra
She thought she became crazy, because she was obsessed with the young boy. That obsession cost the married woman her job and reputation.

Gary said that Smith was his favourite teacher. He said: "I was thinking I was quite lucky. A lot of the boys fancied her. I couldn't believe she was with me."

The mother of three was placed under supervision order. They hadn't sexual relation, that saved her from a jail sentence.

"When I started year six, Bernadette was no longer my teacher, but we'd pass each other in the corridor, say hello and smile." "I walked in and as soon as I sat down she said, "Ever since we've been back at school and I've seen you around, I've been realising I have feelings for you", he said.

They drove to a park in Falkirk, Scotland, and they had a walk, but, when they come back to the car, Smith kissed him passionately.
Gary said that he was worried for his teacher's job and family but she said he didn't have to be worried about it.
The father of the young boy was informed but the grandmother decided to call Bannockburn High School and Smith was immediately suspended.

Gary said: ‘We got ready for bed and I felt nervous. I got into bed with my boxers on. She took off her top, but kept her bra and jeans on, and slid in beside me. We cuddled and talked – nothing else happened.’
His father Richard Ralston, 42, said: ‘I wasn't pleased about what happened, but you’re an adult at 16 in Scotland so I didn't want to interfere too much. I want Gary to make decisions and learn from any mistakes.’

Prosecutor said that Smith said that she loved the boy and they both wanted to be together. She admitted kissing Gary and staying the night with him.

She was placed under a supervision for two years and will remain on the sex offenders' register also for two years. She was suspended by the General Teaching Council for Scotland and separated from her husband.

I think relations between teachers and students have a limit. Even if they hadn't sexual relations they passed this limit. The boy is considered an adult so that's good for the teacher, she doesn't have to go to the prison. However, I think authorities made good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment