24 October 2013

Chocolate Dress

The designer Lauren Smith from Edinburgh made a dress completely of chocolate. The designer spent two weeks to make the dress and it weighs 50kg.

Lindt, a famous brand of chocolate, worked with the designer, who won the Gradate Fashion Week Gold Award.

The dress was unveiled at Salon du Chocolat's fashion show in London. 
Lauren said: " It was such an exciting opportunity being able to create my first ever chocolate dress and work with the Lindt Master Chocolate, who is as passionate about chocolate as I am about fashion"

"I started to think of colours and what I wanted to add to the design. They wanted something that would be really feminine so I started playing around with simple shapes. They wanted something quite 
fitted too,' Lauren told to the Edinburgh News.

'I wanted to make it simple but bold so I decided to go with this A-line shape skirt and bodice.

'What I had in mind was the elegant diamond chocolate - which is the symbol of Lindt excellence - and I really wanted to use chilli and orange segments as they were some of the raw ingredients in the chocolate".

The dress it's beautiful, I love it. But I have many questions: how she had put the dress?, Is the dress very rigid?, Is it not cold?. 

1 comment: